Sunday, March 1, 2009

The Hunger Games Review

I finished reading The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins.  It was totally awesome!  The Smart Remarks Book Club has been raving over it so I thought I'd try it out and I'm really glad I did.  I am a super slow reader but it only took me two days to finish it.  I couldn't put it down!  My poor kids, I totally neglected them all day today.  I'll have to make it up to the tomorrow.  The book was great!  In short, it's about a televised event where a boy and a girl from each of the twelve districts compete in a fight to the death called the Hunger Games.  There's a sweet little romance intermixed that seems doomed from the beginning.  Also I'm not even ashamed to admit that there were times during this action packed story where I had to hold back a few tears.  It was good, really good!  I can't wait for book 2!

No comments:

Post a Comment