Sunday, September 6, 2009

Hello and Goodbye to our new Little Friends

The other day I went outside to discover two little lizards stuck in one of our buckets.  For fun I showed them to the kids and they were automatically attached, Preston calling them "izards" and Evelyn naming them Izzy and Tiny.  At that point I just couldn't let them go so we decided to keep them for a few days in our turtle tank and see how they did.  They were actually pretty fun to watch.  They would sit on Dmitri's shell and ride around and they'd also let you pick them up.  It was a fun experiment but after a few days it became clear that they weren't going to last long inside so the kids helped me release our new little friends.

Evelyn was so brave and let the lizards climb up and down her arm.  I couldn't believe how comfortable she was picking it up and touching it.  This little lizards was totally attached to Evelyn to.  I just assumed he would bolt as soon as we got outside but he didn't.  In fact she put him down and he climbed right back up her leg.

Preston on the other hand didn't want anything to do with them.  He would watch them but when I told him to put his hand out he put his toy muskrat out instead.  That was as close as he wanted to get to it.

Goodbye little friends!  I hope you live a long and healthy life.  You will be missed.

No comments:

Post a Comment