Sunday, December 21, 2008

Pecan Pie Recipe

My mom has always made THE BEST pecan pie.  There is seriously no substitute.  This trip up there I finally remembered to get her recipe and thought I'd post it both for YOUR benefit and also for my own personal reference.

Karo six-minute pecan pie~
3 eggs, slightly beaten
1 cup KARO light or dark corn syrup
1 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. Mazola Margarine, or butter, melted
1 tsp. Vanilla
1 1/2 cups pecans
1 unbaked (9") pastry shell

In large bowl stir together first 5 ingredients until well blended.  Stir in nuts.  Pour into pastry shell.  Bake in 350 degree oven 50 to 55 min. or until knife inserted halfway between center and edge comes out clean.  Cool.  Serves 8.

With a dollop of whipped cream this dessert is like heaven.  Seriously... Try it.

3 comments:

  1. Anthony made a pecan pie from scratch the other day. It tasted weird. Lumpy. I'll give him this recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why can't I like pecans? Everyone always raves about pecan pie. But I just can't do it.

    By the way, your week without Andy looked like fun. Glad you survived!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pecan pie is my absolute favorite. how did i not know about your mom's pecan pie? i am definitely going to try this recipe. thanks!

    ReplyDelete