Tuesday, February 10, 2009

The Host Review

I recently finished reading Stephanie Myers' book The Host.  From the very beginning I was hooked.  I loved the premise.  I mean, super nice body snatching aliens and "the resistance".  Very interesting.  I even like the two conflicting personalities sharing one body.  Hmm... Even more interesting still, and a little weird, is that each personality is in love with a different person.  Can you say "love square"?  Has this ever been done before because I don't believe I've ever heard of it before.  The highlights for me were her adjusting to her new body, the conflicts between the two personalities, the few times they left the caves and the ending.  The only complaint I might have are that it did drag just a little in the middle when it goes into detail about the day to day life in the caves; chores, eat, sleep... All in all I really like it and would certainly recommend it to anyone.  I give it a 4.5 out of 5.

No comments:

Post a Comment