Saturday, September 27, 2008

Pee Pee in the Potty!

Sep. 27, 2008~
I'll spare you guys most of the details and any pictures I might have taken but Evelyn went pee pee in the potty today.  I've tried on  several occasions to potty train her but I've really never given it my full attention like a good parent would.  Today she dressed herself but not before removing her diaper.  At lunch she had this sudden urge and quickly removed herself from the table.  She came back a few minutes later clapping for herself and automatically I knew what she had done.  Now before you say anything, I know all about what they say about rewarding your kids with food but this past week I've been trying to bride her with the one thing I knew she would cave for... Ice Cream.  So, she got her ice cream and she loved it.  She also celebrated afterwards by doing the "Pee pee in the Potty" dance with Mom and calling Dad on the phone to tell him the good news.  I guess she's potty training... AGAIN.

*UPDATE- Yesterday she went 5 times in the potty!  I figured I'd better not give her ice cream every time so we've switched to gold stars.  She seems to like them just as much and this way she won't get all crazy big and want sweets all the time when she's older.

5 comments:

  1. Congrats to Evelyn! That is on the bottom of my things-i-enjoy-as-a-parent list. I hate it. So, congrats on the forward progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bribe with toys. And I don't feel bad about it. I would bribe with food too, if I thought it would work. I guess I just like to bribe. Except I would never bribe a judge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I HAAAAAAAATE potty training! You are so lucky you've got a girl there that can teach herself. You better be fully grateful.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Potty training is the WORST!! Way to go Evelyn!

    ReplyDelete