Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas is almost here!

Christmas is coming up faster than I ever could have imagined and for the first time in quite a while I can actually say that I am ready or [ready as I'll ever be anyway] and very anxiously waiting. After an extensive trip to Toys R Us with only 3 rounds around the store and a bonus trip to Target we have the kids shopping done. I can't even begin to tell you how excited I am for Evelyn and Preston to open their presents. Last year we didn't think Evelyn was old enough to understand so we kind of kept it small, but this year we went all out. Which brings me to my next reason to be excited. We Got a Christmas Tree! I know it's a funny thing to get excited about but I just can't help myself. This will be our 4th Christmas married and up until now for whatever reason we have never had a Christmas tree. So now we do. I even got to assemble it myself and decorate it too. Every year as a kid my Grandma Nelson made us a Christmas ornament so I am proud to say that is what adorns my tree. Wonderful childhood memories. Thanks Grandma, I Love You! I don't know if it's the presents or the tree but it's finally starting to feel like Christmas. Next Sunday we will be leaving for Utah to spend Christmas with Andy's 3 brothers and 4 sisters and their families. It's going to be so much fun!... and crazy. With 19 kids and 17 adults, there's never going to be a dull moment. I can't wait!

On a side note, last night we had our ward Enrichment night and we got to make these really cute Family Home Evening boards...

>Jocelyn was in charge of the activity and she is so creative and crafty. To add in a little plug for her. She has an online business where she sells most of her wonderful creations. Check it out! The website is http://www.sewcute.blogspot.com/

11 comments:

  1. AMBER---you're hillarous! Have fun on your trip...gotta love family!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy for you Amber...a Christmas Tree. Can't wait to see your family and side not, love the plaque. You guys do have us for CHristmas you know...hint, hint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We can't wait to see you guys!!! It's gonna be a blast.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jocelyn is the most creative of everyone I know! Did you end up with the nail hole things on the back of your board on the right side? Mine was upside down cause I'm a dork and didn't consider checking.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so wait, which Sunday are you guys leaving?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Carla- Yeah, I got the holes right but only because I had someone standing right next to me making sure that i did it right otherwise I totally would have done it wrong. We are leaving not this Sunday coming up but next so you have 2 less adults to worry about speaking in front of at church.

    ReplyDelete
  7. To open my talk I'm considering telling everyone that Andy Waite told me to make sure to start my talk with a joke and then I'm going to tell a joke... but my delivery will be off so it will just be lame, not funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your tree looks gorgeous! I can't believe you didn't have trees in the past! That FHE board is really cute too! Can't wait to see you next week!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't believe you guys have never had a tree before. That's sad! Like Mr. Kruger's Christmas. :( Your tree looks huge, though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. "Assembling" christmas trees is aweseome. Can't believe it took me so many years to figure that out. I'll never go back now.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I made that same FHE board with my sister in law, only mine didn't look half as nice as yours. Your tree looks perfect!

    ReplyDelete