Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Why I Love Evelyn

I've been thinking a lot lately about my number one girl, Evelyn. She's been changing so much lately it's hard to even remember when she was a little baby. That's why I have decided to write a blog all about Evelyn; her favorite things, her latest accomplishments and just the cute little every day things that I love about her. I guess I could wait until her next birthday but my reasoning tells me that by then I'll probably have completely different things to write about her.

So to begin, like I said before, she is my number one girl. I love her so much! She is the happiest little girl and is the easiest person to make laugh. For the most part all I have to do is jump in the air (which by the way she still can't do) or dance around. She's also one of the best dancing partners EVER. Every time we watch a movie and it comes to the end we have this little tradition that we dance together during the credits. The fun part is that we have a projector so it feels like we have a spotlight on us as we dance and Evelyn likes to watch her shadow dance around on the screen. Sometimes when Andy's working late and it's just the two of us I'll bust out the tunes and we'll just have our own personal dance party. Evelyn's dancing style is quite unique to say the least. She just spins around and around and around and around until she just can't spin anymore. I don't know how she does it but it sure makes me dizzy just watching her.

If she could only eat one food for the rest of her life it would definitely be bananas. She wakes up every morning and the first thing out of her mouth is "nani too" which is her way of saying she wants a banana. During breakfast I usually start her off with one banana which she literally inhales and then immediately asks for a second. Her other favorite foods would have to be cheese & cookies of course. She's my little cookie monster.

Another thing she loves is her daddy. Andy is such a great dad to both our children. He loves to roughhouse with her and one thing he does is play this game with her where he swings her back and forth and says "One for the money, two for the show, three to get ready and four...to...GO!" and he throws her onto the bean bag chair.

Lately she's overcome two of her biggest fears;
Going down the slide & Laying back in the bathtub.

The thing she depends on the most for comfort is her baby doll. I would never even think about letter her go to bed without her baby. What's funny is that Andy and I promised ourselves that we would never let her get too attached to anything but I can't help myself, it's just so cute!

She's learning more and more each day. She's like a little sponge. At the moment we are currently working on animals (her favorite is the cat) and body parts. She knows hair, eyes, nose, ears, mouth, teeth, hands, tummy, belly button, hands, arms, feet & toes. Poor little Preston is usually her test subject so he's gotten his share of eye pokes.

She loves watching Sesame Street. When we're not doing anything else she'll lead me by the finger into our room, climb up on the bed and ask me to turn it on. The way she says Sesame street doesn't even closely resemble it so I won't even try to spell it out. At first I wasn't sure if she was learning anything from it but after watching an episode with a segment on cameras I went to take her picture and she actually said "cheese!". I couldn't believe it and she still does it almost every time I take her picture.

One of the things I love the MOST about Evelyn is that she is my little posse. Sometimes it's a little irritating having her bump into my legs every time I turn around but it makes me feel so special and important. Anytime I ever feel sad or like I'm failing in one aspect or another she is always there for me. Her big beautiful smile let's me know that I'm doing a good job.

I hope that I can always by the mother that she needs me to be and I hope that we continue to share the same tight bond that we have now. I could go on and on about Evelyn and all the things I love about her but I'd better end here and leave some for a later post.

7 comments:

  1. That was so cute and sweet. You are a really good Mom. I can't wait to see your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that post. And I miss you and Evelyn a lot now. Can't wait to see you again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've missed some posts!
    1. Murray family farms is fun. My kids love it.
    2. Great Halloween pics of your costumes. You guys did Yoko and John right.
    3. Evelyn is looking more like a Watie, no? Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Evelyn is the SWEETEST of ALL the kids at church! I'm not even kidding at all. She's happy and playful and so easy going. I am SO completely jealous! Really though, you guys seem pretty mellow so that must be where she gets it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the "spiderman kiss" picture. Andy and I used to do that all the time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute post!! She is suck a doll and we love her!! Can't wait to see you guys SOON!!!

    ReplyDelete