Monday, February 28, 2011

My Special Day

For my birthday this year I was so blessed to get to spend some much needed time with my family! Andrew and I along with Evelyn and Preston made our way down to beautiful Long Beach to visit the Aquarium of the Pacific. It's no big secret that for a huge majority of my life I've wanted to be a Marine Biologist so the aquarium plus my favorite people in the whole word plus a beautiful day at the beach and a walk by the lighthouse made for one perfect day!  Here are some picture of our day...

Preston put his hand in up to his elbow and touched a little shark.  I was proud :)

This guy was probably my favorite of all the animals at the aquarium.  He circled around numerous times, trying to impress us or eat us I'm not quite sure.  Just look at those teeth!

There was a mini outdoor water park for the kids!  It was a little chilly so we passed on getting wet but apparently during this picture the kids were in the "splash zone".   

I love this smile!  Evelyn was watching the sea lions up close when she turned around and noticed her dad taking her picture.

Evelyn was touching a star fish and Preston and I were "getting a hug" from the sea urchin.

Evelyn and Preston watching the birds.

The looks on the kids faces are easily what I loved the most.

 Andy and the kids listening to the sweet sounds of the whales.

 So shoot me, I couldn't resist!  Evelyn shows off a little crack.

 The kids were fascinated by all the little Nemos.  We spent a good amount of time at this one.

A little known fact about me is that my favorite fish is the one Evelyn is looking at in this picture.  
It's called a Copperband Butterflyfish.

Preston was asking me if fish have noses.

Mommy and daddy seahorses.

A Leafy Sea Dragon

Afterwards we took a short walk over to the lighthouse to enjoy the view.  We stopped for a quick photo op.

The kids took off running up the hill.  That's them to the right of the lighthouse.

The Lion's Lighthouse of Sight in Long Beach, CA. 
Feb. 26th, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment