Friday, May 14, 2010

Beale Park and my First House

One day while scouting out house locations for the film we stopped and played at Beale Park. 

 I love how diverse this little group is!  Evelyn makes friends so easily and always tries to include everyone when she plays.  I've always admired how social she is.

Preston standing on a turtle.

FYI:  I did find a great little house on Oleander that day for the film but it just didn't work out on account of the owner asking for too much money.  But I loved the house!

Also on our travels that day I got to show the kids the house I grew up in.  I can't believe how much it hasn't changed.  Even the orange blinds in the window to the right.  That was the room I shared with Nichole and those are the same orange blinds!  It was fun reminiscing on the old days in my old neighborhood.  I'll have to write more about this later.  Just looking at this picture again brings back a flood of old memories.  The first time I remember getting in trouble, I threw a mud ball at a passing car...  Walking alongside my sister to school... My dad's fish and waterwheel in the backyard...  Playing with the neighbor kids...

No comments:

Post a Comment