Saturday, July 25, 2009

Las Vegas '09: Part III



One night we bought tickets to see Nathan Burton at the Flamingo.  I had never heard of him before but decided to give him a shot anyway and I was surprisingly amazed.  He was pretty good and he had special guests that were hilarious.  That very same night after we got back I was watching America's Got Talent and guess who shows up, that's right, none other than Nathan Burton and of course he made it through.

For my second night out without the kids I got to see tons more stuff.  Some of which where the Bellagio,

Paris,


and my personal favorite, the Luxor, which was a trip.  We snuck into the "key card required" elevator and rode up to the 27th floor.  The elevator goes diagonally!  And the whole inside looks unreal.

The last night we took the kids to see the aquarium at the Silverton.  Its a 117,000- gallon reef aquarium with beautiful tropical fish, sharks, sting rays and a live mermaid!  Every half hour a mermaid swims around and interacts with all the people watching.

Lastly we took the kids to see the water show at the Bellagio.  They were initially startled by the noise but after the first show Preston looked over to me and said, "again!".  So we stayed for the next show.  I loved seeing the excitement on their faces.

And just for the heck of it...  On the way home we had to stop and get gas in Baker, which as most people know, is the home of the Worlds Largest Thermometer.  Honestly, I can't tell you how many times I've driven by this place and I always told myself that one day I'm going to stop and take a picture.  So here it is.  And in case you're wondering, the temperature was 107.

3 comments:

  1. I hear Las Vegas locals are all extremely thin and gorgeous. Maybe you can confirm this for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, the thermometer only read 98 degrees until you got there.... THEN it read 107!

    ReplyDelete