Saturday, July 4, 2009

4th of July


For the 4th this year I had nothing planned.  Andy had to work and I was stuck at home without a car.  But in my sad attempt to make the most of it the kids and I celebrated by eating the most American foods I had on hand; sloppy joes and jello.  The kids LOVED them both!  After dinner I didn't know what to do with them so we went over to see what my in-laws had planned for their afternoon.  As it turned out they had bought fireworks for the kids to enjoy.  It turned out to be such a great night.  We sat out in the front yard and watched our own personal fireworks show.  I am so proud to live in such a great country.  I appreciate and admire all the men and women who put their lives on the line for the freedoms that we get to enjoy every single day.  I will never forget the sacrifices that have been made for me and for this blessed country.

No comments:

Post a Comment