Thursday, January 29, 2009

Evelyn turned 3!

Evelyn is quite the character.  Here's a little bit about my 3 year old little girl, Evelyn.

*She LOVES cereal.  She would eat it every meal if I let her. 
*One of her many talents is that she know every theme song to every show and every commercial on t.v. Seriously, you name it she knows it.   
*She enjoys watching movies and goes through phases where she insists on watching the same movie everyday for like a week.  
*She's a great singer and almost always has a tune in her head.  Just off the top of my head I can tell you she knows the ABC's, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, I am a Child of God, The Itsy Bitsy Spider and tons more but I just can't think of them.  She loves to sing and loves learning new songs.
*She knows what Andy does at his job which I find really cute.  Whenever I mention Andy to her during the day she tells me "Daddy's working, he's making movies".  
*She picks up on things more than I ever expected a kid her age to.  The other day we were doing one of her eye exercise games where I hold up a stick with a picture of an animal on it.  I had just made a new stick and on it was a picture of a Hippo.  Totally expecting her not to know what the animal was I told her "This is a hippo".  Then she kind of looked at me strange and said to me, "No mom, that's not a hippo, that's a hippopotamus".  Perfect pronunciation and everything.  I still have no idea where she learned that.  
*She also knows the difference and last name of her two sets of grandparents.  It's so cute to hear her say Grandpma and Grandpa Fitzgerald or Grandma and Grandpa Waite.  She's way smarter than I was at that age.  I actually remember back when I was like 5 or 6 referring to my grandparents as the one with the dog and the one that lives far away.
*She is a pretty good big sister when she wants to be.  She'll push Preston around in his little car and bring him a toy when he's crying.  She also tries to get him involved in whatever she's doing like playing pretend food or dancing.  
*One of her favorite things to do is ride on the "motorboat" (motorcycle) so we usually try to get out and ride a couple times a week.
*She's finally at that point where she's mostly helpful.  She'll bring me things when I need them, she can get herself dressed by herself, and she's potty trained which is a huge plus.  
*She's also at that age where she wants to do everything herself. Whether it's sing a song or put her pants on, she does NOT want help.
*She still manages to get into her share of trouble but nothing too bad.  She usually finds something around the house to make a mess of and if not then she just pulls EVERY toy out of her closet. 
*She has a tendency to notice things about people and she'll tell you "I like your teeth!" or "I like your hair". 
*Her new catch phrase is "Really?".  She says it after almost everything I tell her.  I can tell her something like "Evelyn, we are going outside" and she'll say "Really?".
*She's a great girl and I love her, REALLY.  I can't believe she's 3 already.
    Happy Birthday, Evelyn!

I decided to ask Evelyn a serious of questions and here's her responses...

(Me)- What is your favorite food?
(Evelyn)- Umm... Cereal and milk (Honey bunches of oats being her favorite)

(Me)- What is your favorite color?
(Evelyn)- Red

(Me)- What is your favorite animal?
(Evelyn)- Elephant

(Me)- What do you want to be when you grow up?
(Evelyn)- A Dragon 

(Me)- What's your favorite cartoon?
(Evelyn)- Caillou

No comments:

Post a Comment