Sunday, September 23, 2007

TV Shows

A couple of weeks ago Andy & I were so bored that we decided we were going to start a new show from the beginning on DVD. As most of you already know we're pretty big TV watchers so it was pretty hard to find a show that we hadn't already seen AND that looked appealing to us. Andy had been trying to convince me to watch "Battlestar Galactica" with him and every time he did I just laughed. I mean come on, can you think of two words nerdier than "battlestar"and "galactica" (well ok maybe "star" and "trek") but you get my point. I couldn't believe that he was actually serious about watching the show especially after I found a review that boasted about how it was such a great show because of the "sexy female alien robots". There was no way. I finally decided to do an internet search for the top TV shows and I was surprised to find out that Battlestar Galactica was in the top 10 list of almost every website. On some of them it was even number one. I guess I underestimated how many nerds there are that watch TV. So, needless to say, despite the female alien robots comment I decided to finally give in and give it a try. And now, step aside Harry Potter fans, Andy and I have now stepped up our nerd factor and I'm a little embarrassed to say this but we really like "Battlestar Galactica". We're now big fans! We've watched all the ones on DVD and now we're just waiting for the next season to come out.

After we finished watching Battlestar we still needed something to tie us over until all the new shows started so we rented the first season of 30 Rock which has turned out to be one of my all time favorite shows ever. In my opinion it's definitely up there with The Office (which I also love). With lines like "Live every week like it's shark week and nothing’s impossible except for dinosaurs” it makes me laugh out loud every time I watch it. Everyone in the show is hilarious. It's definitely a must see if you haven't already seen it. And speaking of great shows, this week is going to be awesome with all our favorite shows coming back including Prisonbreak, Heroes, House, My Name is Earl, 30 Rock, The Office & Survivor. Well, I guess it's obvious what I’m doing this week. If anyone wants to come over and join me you're more than welcome (but don't forget to bring the snacks!). It's going to be a lot of fun!

3 comments:

  1. My excitment for The Office tommorow is about ready to OVERFLOW! Did you catch Chuck on Monday.....its got some potential too, and the guy looks very much like JIM.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So did you do anything else this week besides watch tv with all of the premiers this week? Hope you enjoyed them all.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Office!!! Hope you guys are doing well

    ReplyDelete