Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Stallion Springs Park

May 27-28, 2008

Since Andy's pretty much been working non stop lately the kids and I decided to stay a couple extra days up in Tehachapi. Being that I lived there from the age of 8 until the age of 18 when I left for college every time I get a chance to get up there always brings back old memories. Tehachapi has come a long ways in the 6 years that I've been away. It's moved up from the little two stoplight town that it used to be. This time going up there was kind of special because an old friend of mine was in town. While I was there I got a chance to have lunch with her and another old friend and we had a chance to catch up on all the things we've done in the past 6 or so years since we've been out of school. It's amazing to look back at all the things that have happened in what seemed like such a short time. It was also a little humorous to think back and remember what I thought life would be like at this point and to see how different it really is, good different.

Another fun thing that we got to do that I haven't done since I was a kid was feed the ducks and play on the toys at the little Stallion Springs park. Evelyn and Preston had fun hanging out with their Grandma and Grandpa Fitzgerald and Aunt Tiffany. They played on the toys for a few minutes and I got a couple of cute picture of them playing together. We headed down to the lake and Evelyn got a kick out of watching the ducks eating the bread that we brought for them. It was cute to watch her try to throw the bread as far as she could out onto the lake only to have it land no more than a foot in front of her.

An old childhood memory that I had when we were at the park was the days when Nichole, myself, our friends and sometimes Scott (he always slowed us down so we always tried to leave without him, poor guy ::Sorry Scott::) used to ride our bikes down the hill from our house on Jacks Hill to go to the park. There's a little covered bridge there that we used to crawl under, hang out and watch all the frogs and fish and stuff. Looking back it was pretty gross under there but it was our little secret hangout so it made us feel pretty special. Sometimes we'd bring old bread for the ducks and just sit around feeding the ducks until the bread ran out and then we'd almost always ride our bikes down to the general store to spend our extra money on a treat. Our good old border collie, Gypsy, was always with us and never left our side. She was the best dog ever! Just being at the park brought back all kinds of memories and even typing this out I keep remembering little details here and there. The whole Tehachapi trip was great! It was fun getting to share a little glimpse of what my childhood was like with my own kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment