Tuesday, August 14, 2007

My Husband the Film Maker



After two very long weeks of 12-16 hour days on the set, Andy is finally done shooting his very first official full length feature film entitled "Stamped". It's a movie that is similar in style to The Breakfast Club with 5 students who for one reason or another failed to complete a state test and must go in on a Saturday to complete it. After spending the day together each student (and the very comedic teacher) learns something about himself. It has an awesome cast of professional actors and actresses including, as Andy calls her, "Daytimes' Lydze Leatherman" from General Hospital, Matt Thompson, David Pires, Bryan Kubach, G. Lane Hillman and Katelyn Kate. For me it has probably been two of the hardest weeks I've ever been through only being home with Andy for an hour or two of awake time a day but we got through it and I'm proud to say that I am the wife of a Film Maker. It's been a lot of fun watching Andy get all excited about movie making, camera angles, equipment and certain shots that he now knows how to do. He seems to have picked up movie making like he's been in the business for years. Of course that's just how Andy is, he can be semi-interested in something one day and the next day he is an expert at it and not only does he know everything about it he's doing it and doing it very well. I have been so impressed with him these past few weeks learning all about the movie business and how to succeed in it. Most people spend a lifetime wanting to do something like create a movie and Andy just proved that it can be done in far less time. I am married to the smartest, most intelligent, sweetest, most awesome husband in the whole world. He excels in so many great things that every day I wish that I could be more like him in one way or another. I'm sorry to say that I give him a hard time about finances and chores but when it comes down to it he is a wonderful husband and father and I don't know what I would do without him. Unfortunately for him now he has to get back to "working" and hopefully he'll be able to finish the film before the Kern County Film Festival at the end of the year (which he is also on the committee for). It's going to be a GREAT movie and hopefully someday you'll see it on a shelf at your local Blockbuster or possibly in the nearest theatre. To read more about Stamped check out Andy's blog at http://birdloaf.blogspot.com or the newspaper feature it was in at http:// www.bakersfield.com/hourly_news/story/203569.html.

No comments:

Post a Comment