Saturday, May 7, 2011

Smith's Bakery

Today I took the kids on their very first trip to Smith's Bakery which is pretty much a rite of passage for anyone who lives here in Bakersfield.  Smith's has been around since 1945 and I'd be willing to bet anyone who grew up here could easily recognize a Smith's cookie when they see one.  I know I can!


Evelyn and Preston were pretty excited.  Their eyes of course went straight for the smiley face cookies, a Smith's classic.  I went ahead and bought 6 so if he's lucky there might be one or two extra for Andrew when he gets home.

The kids couldn't wait until we got home to eat them so we busted open the box and enjoyed them on the grass under a nice shady tree in the parking lot.  Totally worth it!

 "These are the best cookies in the whole world!" says Evelyn.  
I happen to agree.

Preston smiling about his very first smiley face cookie!

No comments:

Post a Comment